yay, Friday, yay~

As the world rushes by, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.

For half of the day today, I totally thought it was Thursday. And then, when I realized it was actually Friday, it was like finding $20 in my pocket that I didn’t know I had.

Yay again.

Ann and I have started a Thursday night ride. We started it, like 3 weeks ago. Ann has stood me up each time. Thats okay though, because I am brave.

Except for sometimes.

And I need to add another animal that I am scared of to my list.

4. Crazy mating Tom Turkeys

I went out to Santa Theresa last night for a quick romp around the rocks. (alone…cough cough Ann in case you are listening) It was another wonderful spring evening with the poppies a bloomin and birdies a twitterin

and the turkeys a gobblin.

The turkeys were in rare form. The males were all Thanksgivinged out. You know, that full plumage like when you used to draw them at school by tracing your hand.

They were like that. Strutting all over the place. And they were rowdy. Kind of spooky rowdy. And, anyone who has watched “The Birds” or heard Laura tell her tale of how she was almost pecked to death by wild turkeys, knows to take that seriously.

So when a badass wild turkey crossed my path (unlike the last time when I was sixteen and woke up in my car at the edge of a cliff – wish I was making that up and maybe I’ll tell you the story one day) I took notice.

Unlike the piggy encounter, I had my wits about me and took a picture. Except my cameraphone isn’t so good and you couldn’t really see the big mean Tom in the corner. So I photoshopped it just a little tiny bit.

This Tom was serious about protecting his hens. So, I let them have the right of way. And I am quite certain it was not my lonely imagination, but I think he gave me the stinkeye, even after they strutted up the hill.

Maybe I will start posting my Thursday night rides to the board from now on.

9 Responses to “yay, Friday, yay~”

X Bunny April 4th, 2008 at 11:53 pm

the turkeys have been unusually gobbly up here, too…

Ippoc Amic April 5th, 2008 at 12:31 am

I got butted by a turkey once…oops, not a turkey a ostrich named turquoise…he definitely gave me the stinkeye…out the side of his face…

marscat has always wanted to do some night riding…

marscat April 5th, 2008 at 4:43 am

i saw a thanksgiving out turkey the other night too! and his gf right in the middle of the road.

teamwelliver April 5th, 2008 at 5:06 am

that turkey is absurd.

i’d be down for some thursday night rides. just need a light.

lauren April 5th, 2008 at 5:30 am

you’re riding in the dark by yourself?

you’re brave! yikes!

we have the turkeys here too. weird to see them in oakland.

cyclingsloat April 5th, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Those turkeys are all over Fort Ord too!

Velo Bella April 5th, 2008 at 2:18 pm

haha, wish I’d seen that pic before, cuz I’d have used that instead!

except your turkeys are all military’d out with the grenades and stuff. My turkey is more ninja because he has a sai

i really wanted to photoshop him with an electric knife cuz that would have been funnier, but I couldn;t find a good one in the 20 seconds I spent looking

cerebral scribbles April 11th, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Boo, Ann
Yay, Friday!

Just kidding Ann…please don’t beat me up! Please??

We’ve got gobblers in our back yard that the dog is afraid of! It just makes me hungry for stuffing and pumpkin pie when i see ’em.

Gurman October 8th, 2015 at 8:07 am

Hi,This was my first time to listen. I ralely enjoyed this. I’m ralely glad to be a part of this program. I too use PowerPoint to edit pictures and save them as jpegs. Years ago, this was the required format for submitting extra-curricular activity posters at Chatsworth International School in Singapore. I created the picture on my 502 default page in PowerPoint. It was fast. I hope to use Fireworks and Photoshop more in the future.Happy Thanksgiving (belated)Cheers,Lorenps. There is a line in one of the Stuart Little movies The scene opens in Stuart’s class (actually the boy’s class) at school and the teacher is saying, Canada is separate from the United States because Canadians like to be alone. What is that?